Fair Use Notice
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is made available in our efforts to advance understanding of national security, political, military, economic, and scientific issues. We believe this constitutes a ”fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research, educational and informational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ”fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Cuba Confidential reserves the right to publish any emails received by its writers in whole or in part.
The primary purpose of Cuba Confidential is to provide a venue for our authors to provide news, insights and opinions on Cuban national security issues. That said, the ability of our audience to provide comments allows a dynamic and refreshing “give & take” between authors and readers. However, it does pose some limitations. Discussions of the Castro regime and the topics covered by this blog may be polarizing and controversial. Clear, concise, and well stated opinions, even if we disagree with them, are always welcome and respected. If you disagree with the opinions expressed on this site and are not satisfied by the response the authors offer, please do us all a yourself a favor and just be satisfied with knowing in your heart that you are right.
Some general guidelines about comments:
1. Anonymous comments are not accepted.
2. Comments that mischaracterize statements made by the blog authors will not be published.
3. Comments that quote official (albeit incorrect) Cuban government sources will not be published.
4. Comments that seek to parse every word, take offense to a perceived slight, and/or refuse to accept clarifications or corrections to their assertions will not be published.
5. Comments that use Wikipedia as a source will not be published.
6. Visceral comments attacking this site, its authors, or associates will not be published.
7. Excessively long comments will not be published.
8. A reader’s follow-up comment to a previous post will be posted if the contribution is productive and advancing the discussion. Conversely, comments that are redundant or excessively meticulous for the sake of creating a false controversy will not be published.