U.S. Hiding Key Details of Mystery Attacks on American Diplomats in Cuba 3

File picture showing a vintage US car passing in front of the US Embassy in Havana on December 17, 2015. (Getty Images)

Number of those affected by illness greater than government acknowledged

BY: Susan Crabtree and Adam Kredo, Washington Free Beacon

The number of U.S. government personnel targeted by a mysterious illness in Cuba last year is greater than the Trump administration has publicly acknowledged, according to multiple U.S. officials who told the Washington Free Beacon the Obama administration may have misled Congress about the full scope and nature of the attack.

U.S. officials disclosed earlier this month that six Americans were struck by a mystery illness believed to be caused by a covert sonic device in what many think was a clandestine operation targeting U.S. personnel stationed in the communist country.

The number of Americans impacted is greater than previously disclosed, according to multiple U.S. officials who told the Free Beacon that those suffering from symptoms of sonic damage appears to be more than 10.

“It’s definitely in the double digits,” one source told the Free Beacon.

The mysterious incident has roiled the relationship between the United States and Cuba and has raised more questions than answers in Congress, where lawmakers are finding their inquiries about the situation stymied.

Congress is scheduled to receive a brief on the matter Thursday afternoon and is seeking to have outstanding questions addressed, sources said.

In addition to the greater number of U.S. persons harmed by the sonic device, it is believed that some Americans stationed in Havana began experiencing symptoms months earlier than the State Department has publicly admitted, sources said.

While U.S. officials have publicly claimed the symptoms—which include severe hearing loss—began around December 2016, multiple sources told the Free Beacon some reported illness earlier. This raises new questions about the Obama administration’s handling of the incidents and whether they informed the required members of Congress about it in a timely manner, the sources said.

The symptoms associated with the sonic attack worsen with prolonged exposure, making it difficult to pinpoint exactly when the problems began and how many incidents may have occurred.

U.S. officials further confirmed to the Free Beacon that other Western diplomats suffered similar illnesses, prompting speculation the covert operation was not limited to targeting the United States. This includes Canadian diplomats and potentially others.

Article continues here:  US Hiding Details

Advertisements

3 comments

  1. The US government are so naive, Cuba will continue to play games with the US until we get rid of the Castro’s dictatorship.

    Sent from Marcos F. Pinedo Fine Arts IPad

    >

  2. The containers base located in the West of the Island, named Mariel, has almost cero commercial activities, but just Russian are working over there, in the same containers, what are located in the center of the base. They have inside nuclear missiles and RADAR, sometimes they are moving gray color containers in side the harbor perimeter. The personnel who work this equipment are living in Vista del Mar.

  3. Trump didn’t say a word about this attack and instead let the Secretary of State make a bland comment about looking into who was responsible for this attack. A few days ago, three more U.S. diplomats were injured in the same manner and neither Trump nor anyone in his administration denounced it. Trump is continuing Obama’s appeasement policy toward Cuba.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s